When your bathroom isn’t very spacious, every bit of space has to count. With a little creativity and some planning, you can make that happen. Plan ahead for how you want to utilize space in your bathroom. First, measure the dimensions and map it out on paper or on your computer screen – This will give you an idea of what you will need to build, where you will do it, and its cost. Consider the following tips making your small bathroom better and more functional.
- Choose a wide, simple pattern design for walls – The larger scale of a stripe or circle can make the room feel more spacious.
- Install a trough sink – These sideways, narrow, and elongated sinks are space-savers and work with both modern and traditional designs.
- Consider wall-mounting the sink’s faucet – This allows for a narrower sink and more room to move around in the bathroom.
- Place an open, pedestal vanity under the sink – This provides storage without appearing bulky.
- Install a round vanity – These save more space than square-configured vanities.
- Place a counter over the toilet – The top of the toilet tank could end up wasted space unless you make it a useful surface.
- Install towel racks or hooks on the door – This leaves room for shelving on your walls.
- Install larger mirrors – Whatever space you have in the bathroom will feel less restrictive as a result.
- Use the wall space above the toilet for shelves or baskets to store toiletries.
FloHawks Plumbing Service Knows Bathrooms
FloHawks has trusted and certified plumbing professionals who know the right way to fix any plumbing issue in your bathroom. We would be happy to help you install a less bulky toilet, a wall-mounted faucet for your sink, or any other plumbing needs to help you make the most use of your small bathroom. Give us a call anytime at (800) 356-4295 or use our convenient Schedule Your Service tool and schedule an appointment that fits your schedule.